Categories

Thursday 4 August 2011

Weather or Not


Today was an absolutely gorgeous day (very unusual for midwinter in New Zealand!). The sun was shining, the sky was a cloudless blue and, from the moment I woke up and saw the golden light streaming in through my bedroom window, I felt strangely uplifted and... happy.

It's odd, isn't it, how the weather affects our mood? Christopher from 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time' by Mark Haddon thinks it's a highly illogical aspect of human nature and that it's equivalent to deciding how you're going to feel by how many red cars you see on your way to school. I, however, disagree. Despite only going outside for a brief time today, there was something curiously comforting about just knowing that the sun was shining outside the classroom window as I listened to our biology teacher drone on and on (and on!) about mitosis and meiosis.

At least, that's my opinion on the matter, feel free to comment and share yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment